Why am I having erection problems now when I had no problem with it before?

Patient

Q: Hello, since yesterday I've been unable to keep an erection, me and my fiance has been together for a year and 9 months and since February we have had great sex until the other day. When we switch places, for some reason my erection begins to fade away, and i cant do anything to get it back up, my fiance blames herself and its not i love her and I'm still sexually attracted to her. i just need to know whats wrong so i don't disappoint her again. We have decided to wait for 2 or 3 weeks to have sex again, and i am giving up on masturbation for quite some time. i need to know whats wrong, please help me.

Doctor

A:   It is not uncommon for men to have rare episodes of erectile dysfunction (ED). Erectile dysfunction does happen among the younger population too. It can be transient but sometimes it recurs and persists. Drinking too much of alcoholic beverages can affect erection. Too much anxiety or excitement during sex can also cause a problem in maintaining erection. It was a good move abstaining from sex and masturbation. If you will encounter this problem again, you might want to request your doctor for a prescription of Viagra or other ED drugs. I do hope this helps and take care always.