Why am I having light blood in my pee??

Patient: I’m a 20 year old female. My period was 2 weeks late. When it came it lasted for 2 days and would stop and start throughout those two days. Then 5 days later, I woke up and had to pee and I peed blood. It was almost like a bladder infection where as in the next hour I probably peed 30 times and it was just a little and it was blood, there was little blood clots in the toilet and the toilet paper had bright pink blood on it. It also burned when I peed. After that hour and a half or so, I felt fine….Well then the same exact thing happened the day before yesterday and now I woke up today and it’s happening again. Any ideas???

Symptoms: Blood clots, cramping, burns when I pee

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comThe symptoms of bleeding while urination and burning indicates the pres ence of a urinary tract infection and likely cystitis.You may visit your physician for a urine culture test and based on that antibiotics may have to be started for a week.Also a per speculum examination would be required to rule out if the bleeding is uterine or actually from urethra.I hope i have answered your query,regards