Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why Am I having Migraines and Quite a few other symptoms?

Why Am I having Migraines and Quite a few other symptoms?

Patient: I have been experiencing migraines for a few months now, along with them i get dizziness and lightheadedness, ear and eye pressure, sometimes i can’t see straight and have to close my eyes, i daze off when I am talking or listening to someone, and I just feel “not me” or “off”. Could anyone give me a general idea of what this could be related to or what kind of doctor i would need to see to get this figured out. No I am not pregnant, and not on any medication. Also, I experience all of these symptoms every day, some days worse than others.Thanks

Symptoms: Migraine, Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Eye Pressure, Ear Pressure, Dazing Off.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I have read your query in detail and i understand your concern.Based on the details p rovided by you following are the possibilities in your case:1. Migraine Headache.2. Chronic Tension Headache.It is important to differentiate between the two.Migraine headaches start from one side of head and have associated throbbing, vomiting sensations, photophobia and phonophobia.Chronic Tension Headaches usually present with heaviness in head , band like sensation over the head with insomnia.You should see your doctor who would examine you and if feels will get a CT/MRI Brain done to rule out other causes of headache.Also get your eyes tested.Treatment would be started based on the diagnosis.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy