Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why am I in so much pain when I exercise?

Why am I in so much pain when I exercise?

Patient: Why am I in so much pain when I exercise? I’ve always worked out for years. Now when I workout even just 3-4 days a week I’m in a lot of pain. I’ve tried all kinds of things such as taking Vitamens, eating more protien, water, sleep, I feel like I want to give up because it just hurts. Exercise used to make me feel good.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You need t o increase your exercise tolerance gradually. Probably your muscles fatigue due to excessive (not tolerated) exercises. So start with amount of excercises causing no pain. Gradually increase excercises so that these does not causes pain. You may also get your vitamin D level, as it is sometimes cause of unexplained muscular and joint pain. If found low then supplements of vitamin D3 can be taken. You can also also check your thyroid and diabetes status by thyroid function test and blood sugar test.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.