Why am I spotting days after having protected sex?

Patient : Why am I bleeding 4 days after having protected sex? He used a condom. Bleeding slightly for about 3 days. Havent had sex for 2 and a half months prior to this recent sexual experience. It did hurt slightly when we had sex. Is it spotting just because of irritation?
Symptoms:  Spotting , bleeding, slightly
Doctor :   Hello, thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com The most common cause of postcoital bleeding are presence of cervical erosions whcih may bleed after sexual intercourse due to frictional injury. It is advisable that you may visit your physician for a per speculum examination and a PAP SMEAR for ruling out any atypia of cervical epithelium.Such erosions generally heal on their own with time but in some cases a course of antibiotics need to be administered as well. I hope i have answered your query, wishing you good health, regards