Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why are my old belly button laparoscopy scars bleeding and

Why are my old belly button laparoscopy scars bleeding and

Patient: Why are my old belly button laparoscopy scars bleeding and has pus coming out of it (for about 3 weeks now) My last laparoscopy was about 3 years ago and have had around 10 laparoscopies in the last 13 years. They were all for endometriosis. I don’t know if it’s just a coincidence that it started after I had lumbar puncture. I have recently being diagnosed with RRMS.

Symptoms: Bleeding and pus. No pain. But due to MS I can’t really feel around my belly area button due to parathesia.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,Bleeding from the old laparoscopic scars in an already known case of endometri osis indicates that there has been development of scar endometriosis or simply that your endometriosis has spread to the laparoscopic scars and hence causing the bleeding and often accompanied pus. This is generally seen when you are menstruating. You must bring this to the notice of your primary surgeon or specialist and this may have to be excised with a margin as this is likely to spread further if not controlled.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards