Why are there brownish spots when I wipe after I pee?

Patient

Q: I will be getting my period in about a week and over the past 2-3 days I have noticed a bit of red/brown when I wipe after I pee. Not a lot, just a bit on the tissue. I am in no pain, on birth control and have not missed any pills. Is this something to be worried about or is it common?

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com for an opinion
I f you have been on contraceptive pills , then such brownish discharge or spot may be seen often as some amount of breakthrough bleed , but not a cause of much concern as it may be seen in some women .

Again if you have not missed your pills or have taken it at the same time , then no reason to be worried about pregnancy either.Suggestion is to just wait for your menses to arrive and continue the next pack from day 2 of menses.

wishing you good health,
regards