Why do Female with Breast Cancer get Blood discharge?

Patient

Q: I am doing a essay for school and was wondering why female with cancer get blood discharge from the nipple and a rash like eczema around the nipple?

Doctor

A:   Breast cancers develop when there is alteration of the cells in the breast tissues most commonly those cells lining the milk ducts or lobules. There are different types of breast cancers. The infiltrating ductal carcinoma is the most commonly diagnosed and presents with blood discharge from nipples, palpable lump and skin changes. The reason why females develop blood discharge from nipples is because the abnormal cancer cells invade into the lining of the milk duct and lobules and cause inflammation and erode into the ductal blood vessels. Hope this answers your question.