Why do I get contractions on my calves? Sometimes out

Patient: Why do I get contractions on my calves? Sometimes out of nowhere one of my calves will just tighten up and elevate itself, there is a lot of pain involved. It’ll wake me up in the middle of the night. It doesn’t happen everyday but it does happen often. Afterwards, I’ll just be sore in that area. Is it normal? Should I be worried?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Pain in the calf muscles in the form of cramps may be indicative of an electrolyte imba lance. This manifests at night as well. Excessive weight gain, increased physical activity, standing in same position for a long interval, dehydration, circulatory disturbances could be other causes.Consider consulting an orthopedic doctor for an examination and investigations to rule out the above causes and treat it accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards