Why do I have a big stomach when I'm 10

Q: Hey I'm 10 years old and I think I'm fat. I have lower stomach fat but skinny arms. My sister told me that's its not fat. I have read about this but nothing came up.please help me fix this and make my stomach thinner.

Symptoms:  No symtoms.....

A:   Thank you for your question. At ten years of age you are a bit young to be trying to lose body fat. It is important to note as you grow you will continue to have fat distribute evenly throughout the body. If you are not overweight we recommend that you simply maintain an active and healthy lifestyle. Try to eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables as try to get some exercise every day. This will help you maintain a healthy body weight. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com