Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why do i have a burning sensation only after i

Why do i have a burning sensation only after i

Patient: Why do i have a burning sensation only after i urinate that lasts for awhile throughout the day? I had unprotected sex in the last week. Burning sensation started four days later.

Symptoms: Burning sensation after urination

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood that you had unprotected sex a week ago and the classical burning as you explained started 4 days ago.This is due to urethritis, most probably due to trichomoniasis.I would advise you to get urine tested and get appropriate treatment from your Doctor.Take plenty of oral fluids.Take care with condoms.Get your partner treated as well.No sex till you are alright.Hope this helps you.