Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why do I have a sharp pain on my chest

Why do I have a sharp pain on my chest

Patient: Why do I have a sharp pain on my chest then travels to my right arm and also shortness of breath after having intercourse and when under stress? Its been happening for about one month it usually goes away after i get good breath

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Any kind of chest pain coming on and off, lasting even for a short duration must not be ignored. This definitely needs an evaluation to rule out cardiac problems like angina, high blood pressure, circulatory disturbances.Kindly consult a physician immediately. A check on the blood pressure, investigations like blood sugar, hemoglobin, lipid profile, markers for angina and an ECG may be needed to come to a conclusion.Until then avoid intercourse and any strenuous activity that could tire you. Do not wait any longer, go to the doctor soon.Hope this helped.Regards