Why do I have an itchy feeling all over my body?

Patient : I was in vacation and 4 days into the trip I developed a itchy feeling all over my body. I have no bite marks however my entire body from head to toe is equally itchy. My husband was with me and he is fine
Doctor :   Hello, It is possible you have developed an allergic reaction to something which came in close contact to your skin. H owever we would still need to monitor it, I will advise you Tab. Claritin once daily at bed time for 3 days, and let me know the response. Feel free to discuss further.