Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why do I have bruises on both shins, same pattern,

Why do I have bruises on both shins, same pattern,

Patient: Why do I have bruises on both shins, same pattern, with no injury.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Bruises on both the shin could mean a bleeding disorder, haemarthrosis or a coagulative dysfunction.As there is no history of trauma, we need to rule out the above conditions.You will have to consult an orthopedic or a general physician for an examination. The doctor may ask you to undergo investigations like complete blood counts, hemoglobin electrophoresis, x Ray of the legs, liver, and renal tests.This symptom can be possible if you are on any blood thinning agents or anticoagulants, aspirin, etc.Based on the diagnosis, the treatment will be planned accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards