Why do I have pain in my back where my

Patient: Why do I have pain in my back where my ribs are and the bottom of my left lung ? Why does it hurt to move a certain way and make it difficult to breathe?

Doctor: HI.Thanks for your query and an elucidate history, albeit small and specific.You have a pain in the back where yo ur ribs are and the bottom of your left lung, which hurts for moving in a certain way. and make it difficult to breath.The most probable causes are either of these:- Myalgia over this area- Fractured rib/s in this area either due to accident or due to violent sneezing or coughing- Problems of the pleura and /or lung.This can be diagnosed by:-Clinical evaluation-Physical examination, auscultation, local palpation- CT scan is more appropriate as X-ray can miss most of the problems.Once the diagnosis is made, treatment is easy.I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and treatment.