Why do i have Premature ejaculation?

Patient: Hi im 27 and i think i suffer from premature ejaculation. I am in great shape and very proactive in exercise and what i eat. What can I do i just dont have confidence anymore? I love my girlfriend and dont want to mess it up. I do have great insurance so medication would be fine. Thanks

Doctor: Premature ejaculation is a condition which can be pathologic or many a times pyschologic too ie the pressure to perform leads to increased excitiation and then leads to premature ejaculation. In my opinion if you other wise dont have any medical issues and are healthy the problem is more stress and axiety related. Talking about it to your partner would help, also increasing foreplay has shown to work. If the problem continues then you may need further evaluation for ruling out any other pathologic problem. All the best.