Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why Do I keep getting sick?

Why Do I keep getting sick?

Patient: Why do I keep getting sick? I do have a kid that goes to day care. I don’t get enough sleep. These are a couple things I can think of.

Symptoms: Coughing, body ache, runny nose, congestion

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to askthedoctor.com.Recurrent infection is due to state of immunosuppression which can be of number of reasons like1 ) inadequate and improper diet2) long term oral steroids or other immunosuppressive drugs3) Repeated exposure to an infectious agent4) Allergic diseases like asthma, sinusitisI will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can examine you properly and order you relevant investigations.Have a good diet including green leafy vegetables and fruits.I hope it helps.Take care.