Why do I overheat??? Everytime I wear a hat,

Q: Why do I overheat??? Everytime I wear a hat, hood, beanie, or get my head covered with gauze or covers I overheat. There are sometimes where I even pass out or throw up so do y'all know why i do this???

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

There are some nerve related disorders which can cause the symptoms you are describing. What happens is that covering of the head causes an activation of the vagal nervous system. This will reduce the blood flow to the brain and also reduce the sweating in the skin.

Not sweating will cause an increase in temperature of the body. To diagnose this, please get examined by a Doctor. Hope this helps you. All the best.