Why do I still have knee pain even if the MRI was normal?

Patient : I fell over the winter on ice landed on my knee mri came back fine but still have severe pain in front and back of the knee what could be wrong
Doctor :   Knee pain is pretty common after an injury. MRI is actually a very accurate test to assess cartilages and ligaments so i t is unlikely a torn cartilage or ligament was missed. You should do knee exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee since this will help stabilize it and decrease the pain. If the pain will not subside even with knee exercises, then you should see your doctor again so it can be reassessed. I do hope this helps and take care always.