Why do my nipples smell like onions?

Patient : Why do my nipples taste like onions? When my girlfriend licks them we both taste an onion-y smell on her breath. They don't have an odor, I shower daily and I don't have a lot of onions on my diet (neither does she). It's really a turn-off - how can I get rid of it?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that this odour is being caused by a discharge from your nipples. This could be due to hormonal changes within your body, or due to a subclinical infection within the nipple. This condition can occur in both men and women. In order to determine the exact cause of this odour we recommend that you have your doctor examine the area for any signs of infection, as well as conduct a blood test to determine if you are having any hormonal imbalances that could cause you to have discharge from you nipples. Please see your doctor. Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com