Why do you get swelling after an insect sting? 'Why'is

Patient : Why do you get swelling after an insect sting? 'Why'is the important part of question.
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. When you get bitten by an insect, there is a break in continuity of the layers of the sk in. And this will cause the release of histamine. Histamine is a cytokine that causes inflammation of the cells in the cells of the body. Inflammation has 3 types of reactions in it. The heat, the swelling and the pain. These can be attributed to histamine. Another cause can be the release of toxins by the insect which causes the release of cytokines or other toxins. Wait for a while and the inflammation will go away. You can take tablet Levocet to help you. All the best.