Why does doctors mention being a diabetic and fungal problems

Q: I have a question,my question is my whole life I have heard diabetics can have issues with fungus and now that my health has gone to crap not a single doctor I have seen will even consider a fungal prop;em if though I had some kind of black fungas pulled from my ears over a year ago.I also had a fungual stool culture done which turned up some kind of penicillium mold species which was not identified and with in the last 3 months I have been on ketoconazole,nystatin twice and fluconazole twice for what is being taken for oral thrush yet none has helped .Basically my question is why do doctors even mention about fungas when you have diabetes because once it happens noone does nothing about it except say nothing is wrong with me.