Why does my back hurt so bad, im too young!!

Patient

Q: Hello my name is kelsey I am 19 years old. I been having back and shoulder problems since my freshman year of high school. I had a shoulder injury playing volleyball. I went to the doctor to get it checked out and they found nothing. i have a constant burning,aching, and sore to the touch back. It hurts really bad and when i sit or stand up straight i cannot breath at all. It completely knocks the wind out of me. Also all this is an upper back problem no lower back pain i do have lots of pain in the side of my neck and collar bone. When i crack my spine i cannot breath at all until i relax and stretch it out. Why cant i breath when all of this happens to me?

Symptoms:  Pain, burning, cannot breath
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It seems that you have a muscle strain of the shoulder joint. You can try these things to help:
Rest. Stop playing volleyball and do not carry heavy weights.
Ice the area for 15 mins at a time and keep off the ice for 45 mins
Use an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen to help reduce the swelling
Get a massage
Stretch the back to release any knows
Heat the area locally to promote blood flow and recovery

If the pain does not reduce in 3 days, you should talk to a Doctor. All the best.