Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why Does My Leg Hurt When My Arm Needed a Brace

Why Does My Leg Hurt When My Arm Needed a Brace

Patient: Hi there. I am ten years old. Last year during spring break, I went rollerskating with my family. I fell down twice, hurting my arm and my leg. Now, whenever I lay down for a long time my leg hurts. Why is my leg hurting?

Symptoms: Pain around knee

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for writing to Ask The Doctor.It seems that you still have a swelling inside your leg. The swelling is not visible because the tissue around the leg is tight and swelling does not show. Start on Ibuprofen tablets twice a day for 5 days.If the pain persists, there may be some nerve involvement and you should consult a Neurologist.