Why does my lower abdomen hurt when I lie dwon

Patient

Q: Why does my lower abdomen hurt when I lie in the prone position?

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

Though there is no direct relationship between lying prone and pain in the lower abdomen, it needs to be evaluated by doing an Ultrasound whole abdomen. If there is a liver enlargement due to infections, the pain could arise because of a pressure symptom. Also, a kidney stone or a stone in the urinary tract can cause similar symptoms. But there will be associated symptoms like painful micturition, bleeding in the urine, increase in urinary urgency, e.t.c

So it is better you meet your physician and get a schedule for Ultrasound Whole Abdomen to know the exact cause. If the Ultrasound is normal, then there is nothing to worry about.

Hope this was helpful.
Regards.