Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why does my side hurt when I move?

Why does my side hurt when I move?

Patient: Why does my side hurt when I move? Like when I move it feels like something is being pulled apart.

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Acute Muscular Pain.The Muscular chest pain aggravates with movement. It is dull, diffuse and continuous in nature.In such scenario, I would advise a Chest X-ray. This will rule out any fracture there.I advise following to my patients in case of Muscular pain:1. To do hot fomentation over the involved area 3-4 times a day.2. To apply Diclofenac Gel locally over the involved area.3. To take anti-inflammatory and analgesic pain killer like Ibuprofen, Etoricoxib.On taking this treatment, this usually resolves within 5-7 days.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy