Why does my throat hurt when I swallow it it

Q: Why does my throat hurt when I swallow it it mid June and I can't hardly sleep because of it it mainly only happens at night and I have had it for a week now?

A:   Hi.

Read and understood your history of painful swallowing and disturbed sleep due to this happening at night for a week now.
Your history is suggestive of severe pharyngitis where painful granules occur and cause painful swallowing. The same granules touch each other when you lie down and cause friction to cause pain.

I would advise you the following in such a situation.
- Get a consultation of an ENT Surgeon to have a proper diagnosis and get a prescription based treatment of an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and supportive medicines till getting cured.
-In the meantime go for soft bland diet, plenty of oral fluids.

Hope this helps you.