Why has my throat been sore for mutipul weeks? One

Patient : Why has my throat been sore for mutipul weeks? One week one side hurt the second week i had violet coughing fits. And now the opposite side hurts and everytime i go to sleep i have coughing fits.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Noted your history of violent coughing on lying down, pain in the throat for multiple wee ks with coughing bouts. The most probable causes are: - Post nasal drip due to sinusitis and / or rhinitis can cause this. The secretion come to throat and the irritation hence made can cause coughing when you sleep on the bed. The secretions throughout the night make the inflammation to cause a sore throat. - Granular pharyngitis in which the throat has elevated plaques or granules. These can cause irritation and sore and violent coughing. I would advise you the following: Get an opinion of an ENT Surgeon for clinical evaluation, ENT Endoscopy to understand the reason and its effects for correlation with the investigations. - CT scan of the sinuses, X-ray and CT af the chest if required. - Tess of the blood to CBC, sugar and so on as advised by your Doctor on examination. Proper curative treatment of the causative agents can get you alright. I hope this answer helps you to get a diagnosis and treatment.