Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why is my daughter getting rashes and bumps in her

Why is my daughter getting rashes and bumps in her

Patient: Why is my daughter getting rashes and bumps in her belly

Why is my daughter getting ...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.This looks like an allergic rash. It could be due to an insect bite, food allergy or d ust or mites in the clothing. Even new soap or lotions or any cosmetic can cause this. The other causes may be a viral rash due to typhoid fever or any viral infection. Malaria, dengue and other insect-borne fevers to be ruled out.Kindly see a physician for an examination and investigations to come to a diagnosis. Meanwhile ask her to take an antihistaminic like Cetirizine or the available over the counter drug and also can apply calamine lotion over the area to feel better until you see the doctor.Drink lots of water and have a bland diet. Clean the bed sheets and change the bed sheets every 2 days. Even pillow covers need to be changed. Avoid nylon clothing and use cotton ones.Hope this helped.Regards