Why is the blood in my stool

Patient : I Had blood in my stool for the past 5 days and every time I try to pass stool i have a sharp pain around my anus before the stool come out. .What do this mean
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. These symptoms are consistent with a possible external hemorrhoid. External hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins of the anal canal. These can be caused constipation, poor diet, straining while having a bowel movement, or hard stools. Hemorrhoids can rupture, and bleed, which is probably why you have had blood in your stool along with pain for the last 5 days. This needs to be promptly examined by your doctor. You will likely be prescribed suppositories to treat these hemorrhoids. Please see your doctor.