Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why isn’t my boyfriend hungry?

Why isn’t my boyfriend hungry?

Patient: My boyfriend is 19 years old. He is about 140lbs and he has been saying for about 3-5 months hes never hungry. He said when he was about 12 he remembers how it feels to be hungry. My question is could this be a disease of some kind? Is the any medications he could take to be hungry?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. If your partner is not experiencing malnourishment in any way, or his weight is at normal l evel for his height, then this should not be something to be concerned with. You have not described if he has any history of an eating disorder, so we cannot advise you on this. If is healthy, active, and not experiencing any severe complications from this, then it is possible that this is his normal disposition.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com