Why Isn't My Hamstring Healing

Patient

Q: About a month and a half ago I improperly stretched before going into the splits and when I did the splits there was a loud pop and when I stood up I could walk on my left leg. I told my coaches and together we came to the conclusion that I pulled my left hamstring. My question is why is it not healed yet. I can walk normal now but I lost all flexibility in that leg and I can't extend my leg high, like kick it upwards. I didn't stop practicing while injured.

Symptoms:  Tight Hamstring, Tenderness in hamstring when flexed, sharp pain when leg bent upwards
Doctor