Ask The Doctor > Pending > Why isn’t the medicine getting rid of my strep throat?

Why isn’t the medicine getting rid of my strep throat?

Patient: Hi. Recently I went to a medical center due to a sore throat. I had a white spot in the back of my throat and my tonsils were swollen. The doctor at the medical center ran a strep test and it came back positive. She prescribed amoxicillin. I took all of the pills but the white spot was still there. Then the symptoms returned. We called our family doctor. She prescribed a z-pack. I took all of those but the white spot is still there and my symptoms are starting to return. What should I do

Symptoms: Sore throat, white spot in throat, swollen tonsils, runny nose, stuffy nose, drowsiness,

Doctor: