Why won't a urodynamics test be performed when you have a UTI?

Patient : Why won't a urodynamics test be performed if you have a UTI?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Urodynamic testing is performed to determine how well the bladder is functioning. A UTI is a very common diagnosis, readily diagnosed with a simple urine dipstick test. Should symptoms of a UTI or any problems with the bladder persist, then urodynamic testing may be required. It is not required for the diagnosis of a UTI. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com