Why would my doctor prescribe budesonid inhalor for a tickle in my throat.

Patient : Why would my doctor prescribe budesonid inhalor for a tickle in my throat. I don't have asthma. I have seasonal allergies and already take nasonex and claritin. The tickle started before allergy season. The doctor looked in my throat with a metal tube thingamajig. She said nothing to worry about. But the tickle is driving me nuts.
Symptoms:  A constant tickle in throat right under the adams apple at the V bone.
Doctor :   HI. Thanks for your query. Noted your history and understood your concerns. Read about budesonid inhaler prescribed for constant tickle in the throat under the Adam's apple at V bone - seasonal allergies - already taking nasonex and claritin - Since there is history of allergy and you have constant tickle in throat, topical steroids can be given to avoid the local reaction to the allergens and help reduce the local inflammation and edema thereby reducing the tickle sensation. Budesonid is a topically acting steroid and has the least possible dosage to avoid any systemic side effects. If this does not help, you may be prescribed oral steroids. Continue Claritin and nasonex as before. Add on multivitamins as they act as an anti-oxidants. I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Patient: Are there any natural approaches I can take to cure the tickle? I'm not a fan of taking medicine. I'm already taking taking two different medicines now.
Doctor: The most useful natural approach is avoidance of contact with the allergens that instigate or enhance your problems.
Prevention is better than cure.
This means you will have to identify all the factors that cause the problem you have and avoid these; the requirement will automatically get reduced.
Make a list of these factors.
Secondly, boosting the immunity by change of lifestyle, balanced diet, moderate exercises and be stress-free.
Multivitamins sometimes do help.

I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries. you have one more follow-up.