Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Why would my wife have neck pain on the back

Why would my wife have neck pain on the back

Patient: Why would my wife have neck pain on the back of her neck? she’s just went to the emergency room day and a half ago she was vomiting and diarrhea couldn’t keep nothing down stomach was it a lot of pain she still has nausea andshe woke up this mornin with the back of her neck hurting why would that be

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood the history of diarrhea, vomiting, visit to ER and now neck pain at t he back.The most probable cause is that the neck muscles go into spasms when she was forcefully vomiting, the pain is usually evident on the next day.I would suggest the following:Local Rubrafacient liniments to sooth the muscles.Painkillers and such medicines may not be feasible as she must be recovering from vomiting and diarrhea.Can be given in injectable forms.I hope this helps you.