Why would my wife have neck pain on the back

Patient : Why would my wife have neck pain on the back of her neck? she's just went to the emergency room day and a half ago she was vomiting and diarrhea couldn't keep nothing down stomach was it a lot of pain she still has nausea andshe woke up this mornin with the back of her neck hurting why would that be
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood the history of diarrhea, vomiting, visit to ER and now neck pain at t he back. The most probable cause is that the neck muscles go into spasms when she was forcefully vomiting, the pain is usually evident on the next day. I would suggest the following: Local Rubrafacient liniments to sooth the muscles. Painkillers and such medicines may not be feasible as she must be recovering from vomiting and diarrhea. Can be given in injectable forms. I hope this helps you.