x
Browse
156 Physicians Online

Question:

Will azithromycin work in UTI?

I think I have a UTI, I have the typical burning when I urinate and the occasional sensation to go to the bathroom. I have just experienced these symptoms so I caught it early. Would using any of the Azo products possibly get rid of the UTI or just make it so I wouldn't be experiencing any of the symptoms?

Answer:

Azithromycin may be beneficial in cases of gonococcal urethritis or infection caused by chlamydia. However uncomplicated cystitis may be better managed with bactrim, ciprofloxacin or augmentin. I would advise you to consult your doctor and get a urinalysis. You should start treatment only in the presence of infection.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA