Will Birth control Pills Be Affected By Taking Herbal slimming Tea

Q: I am taking birth control pills and I just began taking herbal slimming pills with these ingredients: Konicing nut, gamboge fruit, apple, kiwifruit, konjac extractive powder, sweet potato fiber
Efficient component and content: General-flavone >= 2000mg per 100g.

Will it affect or interfere with my birth control pills? I take the birth control pill at night and the slimming pill in the morning.

A:   Hi,
The interactions between the slimming pills and contraceptive pills are not well studied yet.
So, it is difficult to tell the possible action on each other.
According to the ingredients you mentioned there may not be any direct effect but gastric disturbances and weight changes due to the slimming pills may alter the contraceptive efficacy of the pills.
So better to prefer physiological methods like dietary modifications, exercises etc to manage the weight.
Take care.