Will Catheter Removal Hurt

Patient

Q: I have a Foley catheter and a Suprapubic catheter because of surgery to remove a urethral Stricture. I am a male and would like to know, will it hurt to have them removed? Preferably the Foley catheter, that's the one I am most nervous of. Will they hurt when I have them removed?

Doctor

A:   Removal of the catheter is a simple procedure and really won't hurt. It takes only few minutes to remove the catheter either Foley's or Suprapubic. It is done by trained nurse or doctor with proper care; so that you can go for it without being nervous.

Patient: Well 7 to 10 days won't help, I'm having them removed tomorrow