Will Ecdysterone in Shakeology still effect steroid screening if you stop using the product?

Q: Hi, i ordered "shakeology", and a note caught my attention. It says that "suma root" contains "ecdysterone" which can be mistakenly be flagged as a synthetic steroid during screening. I was wondering if that applies only if your taking the supplement during the screening period. Will it be metabolized and pass from my system eventually, or its best if i didn't have that in my system to being with?

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that if you are taking this substance at any point in time that it can be detected on a steroid drug screen. Ecdysterone is a fat soluble compound and may take a long time to be metabolized and therefore there is a risk for detection on drug screening. It is best that you do not take this if you know that you are scheduled for a drug screen.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com