Will I gain weight if I stop using the Nuva Ring??

Patient : I am a 38 yr old woman who has been on the Nuva Ring for about 8 years. I do not recall any significant weight gain while starting the ring but have been unable to lose any weight over the last few years. I work in a gym and workout very hard five to six times a week and eat clean. I am SO scared to get off the ring because have read many reviews woman have actually gained when geting off the ring! Is the Nuva ring keeping me plump and should I discontinue use to lose weight? I am SO confused???
Symptoms:  Have always carried most of my weight in my mid section but it seems impossible to lose it. Is this going to change if I stop the use of the ring?