Will I get pregnant if I'm on my 2nd day of my period?

Patient : Me and my husband had sex yesterday and I was on the second day of my period, he came inside of me, will I get pregnant?
Symptoms:  No symptoms..
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com for opinion. If you were in the middle of your menses and had interco urse with your husband on the day 2 of your cycle, then the chances of pregnancy are negligible as the endometrium is in the shedding mode and there has been no ovulation . You have been in your safe period when withdrawal hormones are more active than the estrogen, so you are safe from pregnancy. I hope your query is answered. wishing you safe sexual practice and good health, regards