Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Will I get pregnant if I’m on my 2nd day of my period?

Will I get pregnant if I’m on my 2nd day of my period?

Patient: Me and my husband had sex yesterday and I was on the second day of my period, he came inside of me, will I get pregnant?

Symptoms: No symptoms..

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com for opinion.If you were in the middle of your menses and had interco urse with your husband on the day 2 of your cycle, then the chances of pregnancy are negligible as the endometrium is in the shedding mode and there has been no ovulation . You have been in your safe period when withdrawal hormones are more active than the estrogen, so you are safe from pregnancy.I hope your query is answered.wishing you safe sexual practice and good health,regards