Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Will I grow after 2 years of puberty? -girl

Will I grow after 2 years of puberty? -girl

Patient: I am a 12 year old girl who is only 5’1 3/4. I really want to be tall but it’s been 2 years since I first got my period. But I do stretching exercises and consume calcium as much as possible. Will I still grow? PLEASE HELP:( Thank you!

Doctor: Female growth accelerates in early puberty and usually ends in 18 years. Sometimes it may extend till 21 years. So stop worrying that your height wont grow. Consume good protienecious diet and with vitamin and calcium supplements. Perform regular exercises, which will help you in growing height. Still if your height does not increase or is constant, consult physician for further management.