Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Will it cause more health problems

Will it cause more health problems

Patient: I’ve got these hard bumps under my skin in various places. They don’t hurt. Do I need to get them removed? They seem like lipoma tumors

Symptoms: Occasional muscle soreness

Doctor: Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.Lipoma is a benign condition and is a result of multiplication of the adipose tissue ( fat tissue ). It does not require treatment if it is not causing any problem. But if this seems to bother you cosmetically than you can get it surgically removed. There is no medical treatment and it only has surgical management. I recommend an immediate visit to a surgeon. Diagnosis would include a biopsy that shows adipose tissues.Hope this information was useful.