Will Lexapro still work after if I stopped taking it then start back again?

Q: I first started taking Lexapro around age 18, I am now 25, for OCD and depression. Lexapro worked great for me for years so good in fact that I would forget to take it and skip 3 or 4 days,which I know isn't good, then about 3 or 4 months ago I just completely stopped taking it. Now I am under a lot of stress due to graduate school and my depressive and anxiety symptoms have come back with vengeance. If I start back taking Lexapro will it still work as well for me as it did in the past since I stopped taking in cold turkey? Thank you in advance for your reply.