Will lipoden injections decrease effectiveness of birth control

Patient

Q: Will taking lipoden shots make my birth control pills lowogestrel less effective?

Doctor

A:   Lipoden injections helps in weight loss by directly affecting the body's metabolism. The possible side effects of the drug include nausea, vomiting, loose stools and increased urination. There has been no study that shows lipoden shots reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills. I would recommend that you consult a bariatrician for further information.