Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Will my girlfriend get pregnant?

Will my girlfriend get pregnant?

Patient: My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex last night. This morning she started her period. I believe I pulled out in time. Will she get pregnant and will I need to get a Plan B pill, because we are still young and we don’t want her to get pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,If you have had unprotected sex a day prior to the onset of menses, the chances of pregnancy are minimal as her menses have started and there occurs endometrial shedding which would not allow the embryro to implant even if it is fertilized due to late ovulation as in some cases. So, rest assured. Menses indicate that she is safe from pregnancy in this cycle.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you safe sexual practices,regards

View all posts