Will my nail bed and nail (toe) grow back after trauma?

Patient

Q: A month ago something happened to my big toe while playing competitive sports. It was really painful and there seemed to be an infection. There was a clearish liquid coming from it. I cleaned it repeatedly for a few days and was able to see that the toenail was torn away from the nail bed. The nail bed began dying off underneath and could be pulled out, there wasn't any pain anymore.

After a few weeks the toenail turned yellow and was completely detached from the toe except for at the cuticle. I cut it as far down as I could and there was no sensitive nail bed on my toe anymore. There is no nail bed at all anymore. Will the nail bed and eventually the nail bed grow back?

Doctor