Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Will nitrofurant cure chlmydia? That’s what my dr prescribe for

Will nitrofurant cure chlmydia? That’s what my dr prescribe for

Patient: Will nitrofurant cure chlmydia? That’s what my dr prescribe for me but a friend told me it wouldn’t work

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Your concerns are correct. Nitrofurantoin is not the medicine of choice in Chlamydia.The drugs of choice are Azithromycin or Doxycyclin.You will have to have a prescription from your Doctor as these are prescription medicines.It is the most important thing that your partner too should be treated simultaneously as this is a sexually transmitted disease.Use condom.Refrain from sex for about 10 days at least.Hope this helps.