Will nitrofurant cure chlmydia? That's what my dr prescribe for

Patient : Will nitrofurant cure chlmydia? That's what my dr prescribe for me but a friend told me it wouldn't work
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Your concerns are correct. Nitrofurantoin is not the medicine of choice in Chlamydia. The drugs of choice are Azithromycin or Doxycyclin. You will have to have a prescription from your Doctor as these are prescription medicines. It is the most important thing that your partner too should be treated simultaneously as this is a sexually transmitted disease. Use condom. Refrain from sex for about 10 days at least. Hope this helps.