Will Sulfameth that cured Bacterial Vaginosis cure bacteria in male?

Q: My obgyn diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis and prescribed me sulfameth and clindamycin phosphate vaginal cream. After the 4th day of taking the medications, I went away overnight for 2 nights and forgot my medication at home. However by the time I returned home, it seemed that the infection was gone so I didn't continue taking the medication. The following week I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and the infection came back. I spoke with my doctor and she suggested that my boyfriend is carrying the bacteria. I'd assume that he would have the same bacteria so since the sulfameth pills worked for me and I have some extra pills, would they work for my boyfriend too?